Hoho Sightseeing Bus
Travel and tourism is the largest industry in city of delhi both in terms of size and the industry.But it has been slowed down due to the recession from last year 2011.Tourism is travel for leisure and it is a leisure activity.For travel and tourism one can contact travel agents as there are excellet travel agents in the city of delhi.The scope of travel and tourism is wide as there are millions of jobs in this field.In delhi tourism has been growing fastly and the area to be concerned about are marketing,education related to travel and tourism,services,infrastructure and promotion.Travelling in the city of delhi can be a wonderful and memorable experience.Travel and tourism also generates livelihood.Travel agents are the guiders for the tourists.International tourism has also been growing rapidly in delhi.Internet also plays an important role in travel and tourism.The future of travel and tourism in delhi is really vast,wide and shows a sign of maturity.Modernity and some new trends have led to the development of travel and tourism which is a positive sign.Travel and tourism both are incomplete without each other.
The tourism in Delhi has seen a massive boom. The city is home to a culture that is diverse and offers a taste of real India. Today, Delhi is a mix of new age culture and an old-world charm, which attracts thousands of tourists to the city. The Monumental heritage structures to the modern-age architecture have turned the city into a place that is both irresistible and enticing to the new-age traveller.
No wonder, that Delhi is one of the most visited cities in the world and that gives the tourism in Delhi a push to aim for the top spot as being ‘Being one of the best places to visit before you die’. Delhi has plenty to offer to the enthusiastic traveler, right from the places you can visit to all the food you can eat. But there are certain things that you need to keep in mind if you are a first-time visitor to the city, otherwise you get lost in the glitz and glamor of the city itself:
- Ensure that you plan your travel well in advance, for that you can contact the tourism office in Delhi.
- Hire a competent guide to escort you through the city because that can help you stay away from the shady and dangerous areas.
- Make sure that you are not carrying a whole lot of expensive stuff while you are out in the city.
- Inform your hotel staff about where you would be going that day and by what time you are expected to be back.
- Make a note of all the centralized numbers like police, ambulance, and your embassy (if you are a foreign national) just in case you need any kind of assistance.
If you follow the above points, then you won’t have any issues and you should be safe in the city and have a fun time exploring everything that the tourism in Delhi has to offer.
Apart from the well-known places in the city like the Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Chandni Chowk, India Gate etc. your hotel can make arrangements for you to travel to the less-known but equally wonderful places in the city (keep a travel guide book handy for assistance).
Delhi also has an equally fabulous nightlife and there are plenty of big and small pubs, bars and restaurants in the city for people who come alive at night. Visit the city once and you will fall in love with the place.
Tourism in Delhi has changed a lot in the past few years and the city has changed a lot during those years. Therefore, there are certain things that you should avoid doing in the city when you are travelling:
- Avoid being out all by yourself in the wee hours of the night, as the city has seen an alarming rise in crimes.
- If you decide to party at night,make sure that you call in a radio taxi, as they are safe and there are plenty of reputed service providers in the city.
- It is not advisable for girls to be out travelling alone late at night.
- Stay away from people who appear too friendly and offer help unnecessarily.
- Don’t hitchhike, rather take a cab.
In spite of some shortcomings, Delhi is a great city to visit and the city is flocked by travellers all around the year. But if you really want to enjoy the city and experience first-hand the beauty of the place, then visit during winters and you will wish you stayed back longer. And that is one of the many reasons, why the tourism in Delhi gets a major boost during the winter months.