Delhi Transport Service also known as D.T.C, is the lifeline of Delhi. DTC is well connected with all the areas of Delhi and NCR. The are three form of DTC buses available DTC Green line, Low floor Non AC and low floor AC Buses.
DTC provides bus services within Delhi:
- Regular Services: DTC provides Ordinary Service, Limited Services, Night Services, Green Line Services, Railway Special Services, Palam Coach Services, and Low Floor AC Buses.
- Delhi Sight Seeing Tours (Delhi Darshan): DTC daily operates Sight Seeing Tours from Scindia House with AC bus except on Monday. The fare of AC bus is Rs.200/- for adult and Rs.100/- for the children between the age of 5 –12 years. However the children will not be entitled for seat in the bus. The time of journey will be from 0915 to 17.45 hrs. The tourist bus will start from DTC Office Scindia House then pick-up Tourists from Information Kiosk of Delhi Tourism Baba Kharak Singh Marg and thereafter from ITDC Office at Janpath for onward journey to the tourist places as per the following program.
- Green Card : DTC issues Green Card daily which is valid for traveling in all DTC City bus services except Palam Coach & Tourist services through out the day. The fare is Rs. 40/- on non-AC buses and Rs. 50/- on AC buses.
- University Special Service:DTC also operates special buses for the colleges of Delhi University.
- Hiring a DTC Bus: You may hire a DTC bus at DTC office at Scindia House. The Special Hire Booking is also being made through all the depots of the Corporation, besides Scindia Houes as per the laid procedure.
- DTC Pass: DTC issues passes to student, general public, police, resident of resettlement colonies, etc. DTC has launched in house computerization of Bus Passes from 1st July, 2007. Rs. 15 towards cost of ID card-cum-Bus Pass is payable for issuing the Photo ID Card-cum-Bus Pass. Bus Pass is issued for 1-2-3-4-5-6 months as per choice of the applicant except student concession, destination, residents of resettlement colonies, route pass, which is issued on month basis only. Passes to Freedom Fighters are issued on yearly basis. No security is required to deposit. Bus Passes can be renewed during the last 5 days of the expiry of Bus Pass.
Control Room/Complaint Cell/Lost Property Section/Pollution Control Cell:
- DTC is having Central Control Room at Pragati Maidan which comprises of Central Complaint Cell also. The commuters can report their complaints/suggestions pertaining to DTC buses’ operation on telephone nos. 24351763, 9718190047 or through Fax at no. 24351763.
- DTC is having a Pollution Control Cell for pollution-related complaints (Ph. Nos. 28892006).
- DTC is having Central Lost Property Section at Scindia House (Ph.No.28844192). Apart from that, there are lost property sections in all the regions of Delhi.
To find the Bus No. (Route wise) Click the below Link:
|Rs 19/- for first fall of 2 Kilometer (upon downing the meter) and thereafter Rs. 6.50/- per Kilometer for every additional Kilometer|
|25% of the Fare(11.00PM to 5.00 AM)|
|Rs 30/- per hour or part thereof (Subject to a minimum of 15 minutes stay)|
|Rs. 7.50/- shall be charged as extra luggage charges whereas the driver/ operator shall not charge and money for a shopping bag or a small suitcase|
To find the Auto fare (Location wise) Click the below Link: